Plants are producers, animals are consumers. plants produce both food and oxygen needed by animals
Green plants are able to synthesize food for all the heterotrophic organisms. The chlorophylls capture light energy and convert into chemical energy. This chemical energy is able to sustain the life of animals and other heterotrophs on the earth. Thank you
In the process of synthesizing food plants also produce Oxygen. Oxygen is necessary for the process of cellular respiration which is used to make the ATP used for energy. Without Oxygen only fermentation is possible for the production of energy.
Plants produce both the food that animals need and the Oxygen needed to "burn" the food to obtain energy.
Plants helps in sustaining animals life on earth.
- Plants are producers. They are basic unit of food chain too.
- Plants are autotrophic in nature means they can produce their food with the process called as photosynthesis .
- Plants are eaten by animals who are consumers. They ate heterotrophic in nature means they cannot produce there food by themselves to get energy.
- So, animals eat plants to get energy to perform all the activities of the life.
- Thus , animals are sustained by plants.