How do you find the value of #10-8div 2#?
The value of
One important thing to remember while solving this problem is order of operations, which states when you first see a problem, solve using these steps.
1) Do you have any parenthesises? Solve whatever is inside. If not, go on.
2) Do you have any exponents (such as powers)? Solve them. If not, go on.
3) Do you have any multiplication or division? Solve them left to right. If not, go on.
4) Do you have any addition or subtraction? Solve them left to right.
Now, let's use these steps to solve your problem: how do you solve
1) We don't have parenthesis, so we can go on.
2) We don't have any exponents, so we can go on.
3) We have division!
4) And we have subtraction!
Hope this helps!
(A really easy way to remember the order of operations is to remember the sentence Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally. The letters beginning each word represent each step you need to follow.
Please = Parenthesis
Excuse = Exponents
My = Multiplication
Dear = Division
Aunt = Addition