Is there a good mnemonic device to remember all the geologic ages, including eras?
Not saying I made these, just to help you out. Good luck.
To memorize the Eras:
Precambrian, Paleozoic, Mesozoic, Cenozoic:
Please pay my children!
- Pizza places make chicken.
Peter Piper milks cows.
To memorize the Periods:
Cambrian, Ordovician, Silurian, Devonian, Mississippian, Pennsylvanian, Permian, Triassic, Jurassic, Cretaceous, Tertiary, Quaternary:
- Cold oysters seldom develop many precious pearls, their juices congeal too quickly.
- Come over some day, maybe play poker. Three jacks can take queens.
- Charlie Oliver Still Drives My Purple Plymouth To Jersey City Through Quicksand
- Can old senators demand more political power than junior congressmen? Tough question!
Quiet Time Can Just Tease People Particularly Men Dodging Spouses Ordering Chores (Reverse).
To memorize the Epochs of Cenozoic Era:
Paleocene, Eocene, Oligocene, Miocene, Pliocene, Pleistocene, Holocene (or Recent):
- Pretty Eager Old Men Play Poker Hard.
- Pigeon Egg Omelets Make People Puke Heartily.
Put Eggs On My Plate Please Homer.
The missing Era: Precambrian