What are the negative and positive effects of the Revolutionary War?
Apr 7, 2017
There were many negative and positive effects of the Revolutionary War.
- America gained its independence.
- Britain lost its standing as an "undefeated country."
- Democracy was able to spread and develop.
- Many American and British soldiers had died during the war.
- France had helped Americans during the Revolutionary War. After the war ended, France was left with huge debts. This later caused the French Revolution.
- The Continental Army went home after the war, leaving the United States undefended (though the states had state militia troops that protected the country).