What does your liver do for your body?
Feb 25, 2017
The liver's main function is to filter the blood from the digestive tract that passes through it before it goes to the rest of the body.
The liver has other functions, including:
- Detoxifying chemicals in the blood that passes through it
- Metabolizing lipids, proteins, and carbohydrates in the blood
- Producing proteins that are crucial for blood clotting
- Storing important vitamins and nutrients, like iron and copper
- Aiding the immune system by capturing and removing bacteria and parasites from the blood