What is/are the adverb(s) in the following sentence?: The snail quickly crawled past the hare that was slowly hopping forward.
The adverbs are "quickly", "past", "slowly", and "forward"
And adverb is "a word or phrase that modifies or qualifies an adjective, verb, or other adverb". They answer several questions:
- quietly, loudly, gracefully, joyfully, etc.
- above, far, back, here, inside, etc.
- tomorrow, now, then, last year, etc.
How much (to what extent)?
- quite, fairly, barely, too, etc.
- always, sometimes, rarely, seldom, etc
In your sentence, "quickly" and "slowly" tell how; "past" tells when, and "forward" tells where.