What is the lighter, less dense air and the downward movement of cool air called?

I just can't figure it out!!!!

1 Answer
Mar 1, 2018

I'd call it convection...the process in which the lighter, less dense hot air that rises and the cold air moves down to take it's place.


I suppose this is what you were asking...But convection is responsible for currents, winds etc and is a way of heat transfer, like conduction or radiation.