What is the name for the system of tubes in plant tissues that water and food move through?

1 Answer
Feb 15, 2017

Plant tissues made up of a system of tubes that water and food move through is called phloem tissue.


Companion cells , serve tube elements , fibres and parenchyma are all part of the vascular system of plants and is called phloem.

Sieve tube elements conduct sugars away from the site of photosynthesis ( leaves ) to the other parts of the plant. However companion cells are the life support of the sieve tubes.