Question #48f53

1 Answer
May 10, 2017

Elements with great difference in electronegativity.


You can determine the type of chemical bond in diatomic molecules using the difference in electronegativity of the two binding atoms. Consider atoms as "ionized" if the difference in their electronegativity #>2.0#, thus forming ionic bonds.
Also, bonds with electronegative difference #< 0.4# are regarded as non-polar.

Table of electronegativity: enter link description here