What are: Nouns, Verbs, Adjectives, Pronouns, Adverbs, Conjunctions, Determiners, Interjections?
- Noun (person, place or thing),
- Verb (any action),
- Adjective (any word that describes a noun),
- Pronoun (a word like "He, she, they, it" that substitutes for a noun, to prevent a person or place from being name-checked too often in a short time span),
- Adverb (a description of an action, usually ending in "-ly"), -
- Conjunction (a connector word used between two similar terms, such as "and" or "but"),
- Determiner (an article such as "a, the, that, those" to specify which person, place or thing is being referred to), and
- Interjection (an excited utterance, like "wow" or "zounds!").