An object with a mass of #2 kg# is on a plane with an incline of #pi/8 #. If the object is being pushed up the plane with # 8 N # of force, what is the net force on the object?
Feb 13, 2018
- drawing a free-body diagram will make it easier to understand.
- blue and red dotted lines will be useful to separate the weight of the object from the components.
- The vector drawn with green symbolizes the weight of the body.
- we now have to find the components of the weight on the red and blue axes.
- The blue vector is acting vertically. We know that the inclined plane will react against the effect(Newton's third law).
- now,let's draw the Force of 8 N and Simplify the look of the diagram.
- we need to find the sum of the black and red vectors.