Approximately what percentage of solar energy falling on a plant is assimilated in photosynthesis?

1 Answer
Feb 13, 2018



Out of all the sunlight energy that falls on a plant, only #1%# is absorbed by the photosynthetic pigments. This energy is then converted into chemical energy in order to form sugars in dark reactions of photosynthesis. The remaining #99%# of solar energy is reflected or transmitted which is then used to evaporate water, heat up soil etc...

Hope it helps!