How can pesticide use be harmful to human agriculture?
Apr 6, 2017
- Excessive use of pesticides can contaminate the soil.
- It can also prove fatal to the biotic components who feed on the by products of agriculture.
- It can reach groundwater and make it unfit for our consumption.
Apr 12, 2017
- It effects on the soil fertility.
- Pesticides are sprayed on the crops to protect them from pest . but some of sprayed pesticides fall on the soil and penetrate it.
- Pesticides kill useful soil microbes too.
- Use of pesticides results to make soil toxic for plant growth.
- Pesticides may reach animals or human via food chain and cause harm.