How do I match these cell energetics terms?
Here's what I get.
1. ATP performs cellular work when enzymes break the bond that attaches its third phosphate group and transfers that phosphate group to another molecule.
2. The transfer of a phosphate group from ATP to another molecule is phosphorylation.
3. When a phosphate group leaves ATP, the ATP becomes ADP.
4. The covalent bonds within the organic compounds of food represent potential energy.
5. In your cells, aerobic cellular respiration transfers the potential energy contained in food molecules to ATP molecules.
6. The organelle that contains the enzymes and the apparatus to facilitate aerobic cellular respiration is the mitochondrion.
7. All the chemical reactions that occur in your body are collectively your metabolism.