How do you calculate the number in the middle of 11 and 24?
The difference is
There's no real middle number (
To find a central value, simply average the two values, which means add them together and divide by
This has many applications in maths:
- Finding the average between two ages, two tests, etc.
- Finding the midpoint of a line:
#M("ave of x's","ave of y's")#
- Finding the median of an even number of values.
- Finding the line of symmetry from the
#x#intercepts of a parabola
- Finding a fraction exactly halfway between two given fractions.
- Finding the midpoint of a class interval in statistics.
It is the same concept every time: Average the two values to find the one exactly midway between them.