How much alcohol is in a 9-oz solution of water and alcohol that is 20% alcohol?
There is 1.8 oz of alcohol.
If an alcohol solution is 20 % alcohol! the remainder is 80 % water.
If the total volume is 9 ounces, and 20% is alcohol! then 0.20 x 9 = 1.8 oz of alcohol.
This solution was created by mixing 1.8 oz of alcohol with 7.2 oz of water .
In summary 20% = 1.8 oz alcohol and 80% = 7.2 oz.