What are four characteristics of an effective literary analysis?
1) The Elements
The elements are the plot, conflict, characters and the setting.
- Plot is the pattern of events that make up a story. In your literary analysis, you’ll want to focus on whether or not these events are significant to your claim.
- Conflict is the struggle between two opposing forces, typically the protagonist and antagonist.
- Characters are the people or “players” in a story. Characters are great for analysis because they are the ones causing and reacting to the events in a story.
- The Setting is where the actions are taking place.
2) Focus on literary
Such as Metaphor, Symbol etc...
Essay Organization starts from the rough draft until you done. You need to have:
- Introduction, which is the first paragraph of the essay. It is very important to have a great introduction because this is where you need to make the reader gets excited to read what you are about to explain.
- The Body. If you are in High School, you should be able to have at least 5 paragraphs. You will have a lot of time to talk about all you have to say. The Body is divided into 3 parts. Body 1, Body 2, Body 3.
- The Conclusion. gain, the conclusion is very important as the introduction. You need to leave the reader with something that they remember.
Most literary analysis essays will typically appear in MLA format, so you’ll want to make sure you get this step right. https://www.scribendi.com/advice/an_intro_to_mla.en.html