What are some examples of cliches in novels? Not cliche phrases, but cliches in the plot and story?
Hating someone only to realise you have fallen in love with them
I will list some more here for you
1. The lover who is bitter about life until they meet their one true partner
2. Going on a journey to accomplish an important, world-saving task.
3. Betrayal from a trusted friend
4. The sibling/friend who does something irresponsible and needs the help of the protagonist
5. misunderstandings resulting from a lack of communication
I was not sure if you meant a traditional novel (such as Jane Austen) or a more recent publication, so my apologies if this does not assist you.