What are the negative and positive effects of the Industrial Revolution?
There were many positive and negative effects. Read more below.
The Industrial Revolution occurred in the United States in the later 1800s and early 1900s. It had a massive impact on the country.
- It developed the economy
- It led to the emergence of machines
- It caused the mechanization of agriculture
- Communication and transportation improved dramatically
- Telegraghs and railroads emerged
- Improvements in sanitary conditions and medical care gradually occurred, although they were quite slow.
A widening gap emerged between the Bourgeoisie and the working class
The pollution of the environment worsened, including urban environments where the majority of the population lived
Water in canals, which people used, was contaminated
Cities were overcrowded
Sanitary conditions were poor because they were unadapted to the massive rural exodus