What are the tiny openings on the underside of leaves called?

1 Answer
Nov 5, 2015


The tiny openings are called the stomata.


The stomata is the only way gasses can diffuse in and out of a leaf. They have the ability to open and close according to the need of the plant. The stomata allow for the plant to take in carbon dioxide and release oxygen back into the environment.