What is an application of nuclear chemistry in agriculture?
• Develop varieties of hardier, more disease-resistant crops.
• Improve the nutritional value of crops.
• Pinpoint where illnesses strike animals, allowing the breeding of disease-resistant livestock.
• Show how plants absorb fertilizer, helping farmers to learn when to apply fertilizer and how much to use.
• Measure the amount of water in both plants and the surrounding soil.
• Control insect populations by sterilization of male insects.
• Develop effective vaccinations for certain animal diseases.