What is it called when letters form a word both forward and backward, like STOP and POTS (not a palindrome)?

1 Answer
Aug 26, 2016

The most common term for this (currently) is semordnilap


Although it does not appear in (at least my copy of) the Oxford Dictionary, "semordnilap" ("palindromes" spelled backward) is the term that is most often applied for this. (many other terms have been suggested over the years).