What is the name for the group of elements that are particularly unreactive?

1 Answer
Mar 7, 2017

#"The Group 18 elements"#


The helium, neon, argon group were once known as the #"Noble Gases"# as they were thought to be inert, and hence did not undergo reaction with the other (common) elements. These days, a few Noble gas compounds are known, but notably with fluorine and oxygen, which are the most reactive elements on the Periodic Table.