What is the volume of 19.87 mol of ammonium chloride (#NH_4Cl#) at STP?
445.3 L of
Since we are at STP, we would use the ideal gas law equation
- P represents pressure (must have units of atm)
- V represents volume (must have units of liters)
- n represents the number of moles
- R is the proportionality constant (has units of
- T represents the temperature, which must be in Kelvins.
Now what you want to do is list your known and unknown variables. Our only unknown is the volume of
Since we are at STP, the temperature is 273K and the pressure is 1 atm. We are given moles and the proportionality constant, R, is equal to 0.0821
Now all we have to do is rearrange the equation and solve for V like so: