What term best describes the type of reaction that happens when a molecule or compound reacts with another molecule or compound, producing two new molecules or compounds?

1 Answer
Dec 21, 2017

#="Double Displacement Reaction"#


The ff. are some general types of this type of reaction:

  1. The reaction between an acid and a base to yield salt and water; e.g.,

  2. The reaction between a salt and an acid to form a salt of the acid and a second acid that is volatile; e.g.,

  3. The reaction of some soluble salts to produce and insoluble salt and soluble salt; e.g.,