Which blood vessels carry blood away from the heart?
Arteries & Veins.
The ARTERIES are major blood vessels connected to your heart.
1. The pulmonary artery carries blood from the right side of the heart to the lungs to pick up a fresh supply of oxygen.
2. The aorta is the main artery that carries oxygen-rich blood from the left side of the heart to the body.
3. The coronary arteries are the other important arteries attached to the heart. They carry oxygen-rich blood from the aorta to the heart muscle, which must have its own blood supply to function.
The VEINS also are major blood vessels connected to your heart.
1. The pulmonary veins carry oxygen-rich blood from the lungs to the left side of the heart so it can be pumped to the body.
2. The superior and inferior vena cavae are large veins that carry oxygen-poor blood from the body back to the heart.
Impact of this question
Creative Commons License