Which volcano is located in the Philippines?
There are 23 active volcanoes in the Philippines.
Based on PHIVOLCS (Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology) data there are currently 23 active and 26 potentially active volcanoes in the Philippines.
You can go to this website to see the lists, and it also has a list of inactive volcanoes.
See The List.
These are the active volcanoes
- Mayon in Albay
#->#the most active volcano in the Philippines.
- Taal in Batangas.
- Kanlaon in Negros island.
- Bulusan in Sorsogon.
- Smith in Calayan.
- Hibok‑Hibok in Camiguin.
- Pinatubo in Zambales.
- Musuan in Bukidnon.
These are the inactive volcanoes
- Mount Balatubat in the Luzon Strait
- Mount Banahao de Lucban in Luzon.
- Imoc Hill in the Laguna Volcanic Field.
- Lake Muhikap in Laguna Maars.
- Mount Catmon in Visayas.
- Mount Bacauan in Sulu.
- Mount Urot in the Tukuran Volcanic Field.
- Mount Baya in Mindanao
- Mount Kitanglad in Bolacanon Volcanic Field.
There are also like more than 500 inactive volcanoes in Philippines.