Why is the placenta such an important structure in development?
Feb 4, 2018
Placenta is attached to the mother's uterus and the baby's umbilical cord.
The importance of placenta:-
- Supply adequate nutrition to the baby inside the mother
- Filters the blood to eliminate harful substances that might be dangerous to the baby
- It allows the transmission of oxygen to the baby
- Saves the baby from any probable infections
- Discharges bio wastes from the baby
- Breaks down food particle into smaller pieces