There are many examples of pendulums around us.
- A swing on which a child can ride.
- A plumb line used by builders to obtain a true vertical measurement.
- A pendulum on a grandfather clock, which is calibrated to have a period of 2.0 s.
- A Foucault's Pendulum will demonstrate the rotation of the earth.
- Early seismometers used pendulums with pens on the points to draw the seismograph.
- Taipei 101 Building (pendulum is used to stabilize the building )
- Metronomes to keep a steady beat for musicians, like the one in the picture below: