Feb 5, 2018
There are many, many types of energy in physics.
- Mechanical Energy - The sum of the kinetic energy and the potential energy of the system.
- Kinetic Energy - The energy possessed by an object due to its motion
- Potential Energy - Energy stored in an object that can be used later
- Gravitational Potential Energy
- Chemical Potential Energy
- Elastic Potential Energy
- Non-Mechanical Energy - Energy that lies at the level of the atom or smaller.
- Thermal Energy
Keep in mind these are just some of the major types. There are definitely any more.