A 2.00 L container holds .700 mol of oxygen gas at 285 K. What is the pressure in atm inside the container?
The pressure inside the container is
For this type of question we would use the ideal gas law equation
- P represents pressure (must have units of atm)
- V represents volume (must have units of liters)
- n represents the number of moles
- R is the proportionality constant (has a value of 0.0821 with units of
- T represents the temperature, which must be in Kelvins.
Now what you want to do is list your known and unknown variables. Our only unknown is the pressure of
Now all we have to do is rearrange the equation and solve for P like so: