How do you differentiate #f(x)= ( 3+ x tanx )/ (x -3) # using the quotient rule?
For the denominator:
1) Square the function in the denominator
For the numerator:
1) LOW - Copy the "low function" ( the function in the denominator)
2) D(HIGH)- Multiply this (1) by the "d(high)" (the derivative of the function in the numerator)
3) Put minus. This is division so we have to subtract.
4) HIGH - Copy the "high function" (the function in the numerator)
5) D(LOW) - Multiply this (4) by the "d(low)" (the derivative of the function in the denominator
By this, we can now find the derivative using the Quotient Rule.
Setup the derivative. The denominator will be automatically squared.
Differentiate all the terms that need to be differentiated.