How do you write 6 1/2 an improper fraction?

1 Answer
Oct 31, 2015



To write a mixed number as an improper fraction, first, multiply the whole number by the denominator of the fraction:
6 x 2 = 12

Then, add the numerator to the result from the previous step (this result is the numerator of the improper fraction:
12 + 1 = 13

Write the new number over the denominator of the fraction in the original mixed number: