How many 6 digit combinations can i get using numbers 1-49?
No. of possible combinations without repeating any number
Four combinations 6 digits are
1) All six digits are single digits 1 to 9.
2) All 6 digits are 3 double digits 10 to 49.
3) Two single digits and two double digits.
4) Four single digits and one double digit.
Adding all 4 options, we get the answer
There are four overall possibilities.
You can get a six digit number only if you take
(1) 6 single digit numbers.
(2) 3 double digit numbers.
(3) 4 single & 1 double digit numbers.
(4) 2 single & 2 double digit numbers
So, taking care of all these cases as well as the probabilities of the position of all the numbers in the six digit number we get
Therefore, total number of required combinations is