How would you compare and contrast mitosis and meiosis?
- Both mitosis and meiosis are types of cell division.
- Both mitosis and meiosis produce daughter cells.
- Both mitosis and meiosis have the "PMAT" stages (which stand for Prophase, Metaphase, Anaphase, and Telophase).
- Mitosis has only one round of cell division, while meiosis has two.
- Mitosis only occurs in somatic (body) cells, while meiosis occurs in sex cells.
- Mitosis produces daughter cells (diploid cells) that are identical to the parent cell, while mitosis produces haploid/monoploid cells that only have half of the normal number of chromosomes.