Mr. Yoshi has 75 papers. He graded 60 papers, and he had a student teacher grade the rest, what percent of the papers did each person grade?

2 Answers
Nov 20, 2016

Answer:

Mr Yoshi graded #80%# of the papers and the student teacher graded the remaining #20%#.

Explanation:

To determine the percentage of #60# out of #75# papers, we write the equation:

#75xxx/100=60#

#3cancel(75)xxx/(cancel(100)4)=60#

Multiply both sides by #4/3#.

#x=60xx4/3#

#x=20cancel(60)xx4/(cancel(3)1)#

#x=80#

Since Mr Yoshi graded #80%# of the papers, the balance is #(100-80)=20%#.

Nov 20, 2016

Answer:

Mr Yoshi graded #80%# and the student teacher #20%#

Explanation:

To express one quantity as a percent of another:

#"fraction" xx 100%#

Mr Yoshi graded #60/75# papers

the student teacher graded #15/75# papers

As percentages:

#60/75 xx100%" "15/75 xx100%#

#=4/5 xx 100%" "=1/5 xx100%#

#=80%" "=20%#

#80% + 20%= 100%#