What are the disadvantages of hydrogen fuel cells?
Hydrogen fuel cell is an energy conversion device that uses the power of hydrogen effectively.
As such Hydrogen has an important role in the future as a replacement for imported petroleum, used currently in cars and trucks, but it has the following disadvantages :
1) Although Hydrogen cells are being used to power hybrid cars, it's still not a feasible source of fuel for everyone. It is expensive.
2) The transport and storage of Hydrogen, even in small amounts is difficult.
3) As of the moment the present infrastructure supports gasoline, replacing it requires refitting. This becomes highly expensive.
4) It is a very powerful source of fuel and can be very flammable.
5) Although Hydrogen energy is renewable and has minimal environmental impact, it still depends on fossil fuels.