What is the purpose of titration?
Titration is useful for many applications.
Titration is useful for many applications such as:
- Find the molarity of a solution with an unknown concentration.
- Determine the mass of an acid salt or a base salt.
- Determine the mass percent of a solute in a solution.
- Determine the degree of purity of a solid.
- Test for buffering activity.
Here are useful videos about titration and its applications:
Lab Demonstration | Acid - Base Titration.
Lab Experiment #9: Determination of the Formula Mass of an Acid Salt.
AP Chemistry Investigation #15: Household Products' Buffering Activity.
AP Chemistry Investigation #8: Redox Titration of Hydrogen Peroxide by Potassium Permanganate.