What is the special name for a bar chart that displays the bars' frequencies from greatest to least?

1 Answer
Jan 16, 2015

The answer is simple and (probably) disappointing:

It's called "(reverse) frequency-sorted bar-chart"

"Reverse" is between brackets because sources disagree whether low-to-high or high-to-low is the accepted order *)

Normally you only do this with qualitative values, like eye-colour or political preference (in the latter case pies are mostly used). You could use this for holiday destinations as well.

) Hayes, Statistics of the social sciences*, prefers high to low. But I've seen others (that I can't cite at moment) that prefer it the other way around.