Why is the universe expanding so fast?

1 Answer
May 7, 2016

Dark energy is forcing it.


that is the theory anyway. For about 20 years scientists have known that they visible universe comprises only about 5% of all matter. The other 95% cannot be seen and therefor has been dubbed dark matter/energy. And from this they theorize that it is this dark energy that is providing the means of our expanding universe.