Scale and Indirect Measurement Applications
Topic PageScale and Indirect Measurement Applications
- How are scales and ratios related?
- How can you use proportions and similar triangles to indirectly measure large objects, such as heights of buildings and mountains?
- How do you use similar triangles to set up proportions?
- How far apart would two cities be on a map that has a 1 inch : 20 mile scale and they are 1,214 miles apart?
- How tall is the dog if a man 6 feet tall is standing next to a dog and the man’s shadow is 9 feet and the dog’s shadow is 6 feet?
- How wide is the actual house if a model house is 12 inches wide and it was built with a ratio of 3 inches : 4 meters?
- How do you set up a proportion when you are given a scale?
- How do you write the direct linear variation equation if y varies directly with x and y = 4 when x = 12?
- A flagpole casts a shadow of 25 ft. Nearby, a 6-ft tree casts a shadow of 3-ft. What is the height of the flagpole?
- Question #85352
- Question #ce15f
- Question #e0b2c
- Question #ba8c9