Question #ae543

1 Answer

Alternate appearance of haploid and diploid stage is called alternation of generations.


  1. The multi-cellular haploid plant structure is called the gametophyte, which is formed from the haploid spore and give rise to the haploid gametic generation .
  2. The diploid zygote produces diploid generation of the plants.
  3. The alternation between these diploid and haploid stages in the in the plants is called the alternation of generations. Thanks.