What would occur if a student used a pipette, and sucked up a volume of dilute hydrochloric acid?

1 Answer
Aug 27, 2017

Answer:

Whoops.......

Explanation:

A visit to the hospital or the emergency dentist may be in order. They say that those people who suffer from bulimia, i.e. binge eating followed by binge purging, usually suffer from terrible teeth, because the refluxed stomach acids eats away at the enamel in their teeth. Ingestion of a (a small volume) of dilute acid is perhaps not going to cause many problems. But the student who did it is an absolute klutz....

In A2 chemistry, it is mandated that students use pipette pumps these days. If you are at university you should know better.