A truck pulls boxes up an incline plane. The truck can exert a maximum force of #3,500 N#. If the plane's incline is #(3 pi )/8 # and the coefficient of friction is #7/4 #, what is the maximum mass that can be pulled up at one time?
The mass is
Let the mass be
Force of truck is
The coefficient of friction is
Resolving in the direction patrallel to the plane
- the vector of weight is perpendicular to the horizontal surface.
- The vector of weight can be splitted into two component
- The component that is perpendicular to the inclined plane causes a Frictional force.
- The yellow vector represent the react force that it has applied inclined plane.
- The component that is parallel to the inclined plane causes sliding down..
- A Tension occurs on rope (T)