In a nutshell, my question is that why does wearing shoes while dealing with electricity not get me shocked. Thanks u very much. i have my Ph.D exam in Physical Engineering, thanks 4 help?

1 Answer

Answer:

To get a shock, you should complete the circuit. Your shoe is an insulator.

Explanation:

The bottom of the shoe is an insulator. It does not allow current to pass through to the ground. If you touch a live wire and you do not have contact with earth, you will not get a shock.

Otherwise, if you touch it without insulation, earth current will pass through your body and you will get a shock. Insulated shoes protect you from shock.

picture credit scienceblog.com

enter image source here