Newton's Law of Cooling
Topic PageNewton's Law of Cooling
- Can Newton's Law of Cooling be used to describe heating?
- How do I find #k# in Newton's Law of Cooling?
- What is #k# in Newton's Law of Cooling?
- What is #e# in Newton's Law of Cooling?
- What is #c# in Newton's Law of Cooling?
- Can Newton's Law of Cooling be used to find an initial temperature?
- A pie is removed from a 375°F oven and cools to 215°F after 15 minutes in a room at 72°F. How long (from the time it is removed from the oven) will it take the pie to cool to 72°F?
- You place a cup of 205°F coffee on a table in a room that is 72°F, and 10 minutes later, it is 195°F. Approximately how long will it be before the coffee is 180°F?
- A body was found at 10 a.m. in a warehouse where the temperature was 40°F. The medical examiner found the temperature of the body to be 80°F. What was the approximate time of death?
- Knowing #T-T_s=(T_0 - T_s)e^(kt)#, A pan of warm water (46dgC) was put in a refrigerator. 10 minutes later, the water's temperature was 39dgC; 10 minutes after that, it was 33dgC. Use Newton's law of cooling to estimate how cold the refrigerator was?