How many molecules of #O_2# are required for the complete combustion of 23.0 grams of hexane in the reaction #C_6H_14 + O_2 -> CO_2 + H_2O#?
The complete combustion requires
There are four steps to follow in this problem:
- Balance the equation.
- Use the molar mass of hexane to calculate the moles of hexane.
- Use the molar ratio of oxygen:hexane from the balanced equation to calculate the moles of oxygen.
- Use Avogadro's number to calculate the molecules of oxygen.
Let's get started.
1. Balance the equation
2. Calculate the moles of hexane
3. Calculate the moles of oxygen
4. Finally, we calculate the molecules of oxygen