Is the bond between two different atoms that share electrons equally called a polar bond?

1 Answer
Jul 18, 2016

It is called a non-polar covalent bond.


Polarity describes charge separation. If a covalent bond is polar, then electron density is shunted to the more electronegative atom. If electron density is shared equally, e.g. in #H_2# or #X_2#, a non-polar covalent bond is identified.